programme advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if you could please advise me on the following:
The heating in our house has a Centaurplus C11 control fitted in a bedroom and a Digital Programmable Thermostat Model 099A fitted at the top of the stairs.
The 099A control is difficult to use at the best of times, the display is very faint and the battery runs out very frequently. Consequently we have always programmed the heating from the C11 control and used the 099A when we want to override the settings.
It would be far more convenient if we could control the heating from the top of the stairs (it's a bit more of a public open space!!) and I wondered if I replaced the 099A with a more user friendly thermostat, could we use this to programme the heating rather than the C11? If so, how would the C11 need to be set?24 hour setting?
Sorry to be thick, any help or recommendations appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
if your system is wired correctly the thermostat can not override the programmer, it can shut the heating off but it cant bring it on if the programmer is set to off , is that what you mean ?

Oh I see, so the only way to be able to programme the system from the landing would be to physically move the C11 to there?

Might be possible to set your clock to constant, and then use the programmable thermostat to control the time and temperature?

Sponsored Links
There are loads of variations, possibly one for you to consider is an RF thermostat which means radio frequence, the receiver is fixed usually next to the boiler but doesnt have to be and the thermostat can be mobile , you can take it into any room and switch the heating on and off when you want, or you can get internet controlled ones if you have broadband and you can control everything with your mobile phone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back