Project Fear from the Leavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist abuse (repeat offender)
racist abuse (repeat offender)

Sponsored Links
Apologies for posting in a different thread, I was adding this to the Anne Lister thread:

The following mentions the consultative process and the term gender non conforming.....

York Civic Trust told PinkNews the decision of the plaque wording was the result of a “long-thought-out process” at the request of the LGBT partner groups who “had argued it among themselves.”

“The wording that we chose was supposed to be—I don’t know whether it’s going to be successful—but it was supposed to be factual and ‘future-proofed’ so it’s understandable into the future without changes in social connotation,” York Civic Trust chief executive Dr David Fraser said.

“We are conscious that we may have got it wrong,” he added.

A gender nonconforming woman can be many things because it only means that you do not conform to societal expectations. It has nothing to do with sexuality.

“Anne Lister was, most definitely, gender non conforming all her life. She was also however, a lesbian. That is why she took vows with her girlfriend in that church, because they were in love with each other and wanted to express that same sex love – the very definition of lesbianism.”

In a press statement, the York Civic Trust both described Lister as “one of Yorkshire’s earliest LGBT representatives,” noting her reputation as “the first modern lesbian,” while also pointing out how she lived an “unconventionally masculine lifestyle.

No doubt to get the country agreeing to the Chequers agreement
"The country"...?
The country has voted. TM has come up with the Chequers shambles.

Please explain what you mean when you say "get the country agreeing" and who it is you are referring to.

Sponsored Links
I see Notchy is posting and none of his RWR buddies have come to the rescue. Perhaps Notchy can't explain his own post.

Come on now Notchy, you have had plenty of time to Google. Stop squirming and explain your post please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back