Puma 80 not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I Have a potterton puma 80. The pilot light is on but no hot water or CH (not firing up). checked the pump it's working fine. PCB is fine too and the fan seems to be working. What else should I look for? I'm moving house in 2 weeks time so I don't want any expensive repairs. Is there any way I could at least get hot water. Thanks in advance.
Rush

Sponsored Links
Ok called British gas and they sending an engineer. First half hour is £89. 1/2 hour to 2 hour £289 including parts and labour. Hope he can sort it out within half an hour.

So here I am with my crystal ball :D and I see an air pressure switch that hasn't activated :eek: and a fan that seems to be working but might not be :eek: or maybe working but not fast enough. ;) Damn it's all gone cloudy now. :cry: I think the spirits have left the building :evil: :unsure:

Sponsored Links
So here I am with my crystal ball :D and I see an air pressure switch that hasn't activated :eek: and a fan that seems to be working but might not be :eek: or maybe working but not fast enough. ;) Damn it's all gone cloudy now. :cry: I think the spirits have left the building :evil: :unsure:

It was the fan. It was working but not fast enough. The engineer said he will have to replace it and the cost is £289. I Told him I can't afford it, asked him to do a temporary fix. After a bit of WD-40 and oil The fan is working now. He can't give me any guarantee for the fan. He recommends that I replaced it. Hope it's going to last next 2 to 3 weeks.

So the total cost is £89. Thank you all for your quick response

I have to replace a lot of PCBs which have no visible indication of any fault but just are not working.

We don't recommend DIYers to open the combustion chamber where the fan is located.

Tony

Hi I Have a potterton puma 80. The pilot light is on but no hot water or CH (not firing up). checked the pump it's working fine. PCB is fine too and the fan seems to be working. What else should I look for? I'm moving house in 2 weeks time so I don't want any expensive repairs. Is there any way I could at least get hot water. Thanks in advance.
Rush

We see that you are leaving a potential problem for the purchasers!

The work conscience comes to mind!

Agile said:
I have to replace a lot of PCBs which have no visible indication of any fault but just are not working.

Tony

True but usually it's a dry joint at the top left of the board where the power goes in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back