pump change on vaillant - different make

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
May be my problem is identical to this topic:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/vaillant-ecotec-630-plus-pump-trouble.307016/

I have Vaillant turboTEC plus VUW 322/3-5 boiler.
The pump works with noise, not so noise but make vibration that transmitted to the boiler case (body and side walls), and next to house wall. As a result I hear in some rooms low frequency hum when boiler pump in on.

Now I bought the replacement pump, reference to boiler model. The new is Grundfos, with black label and white print vaillant...VPAL-7/2A...GRUNDFOS... and counterclockwise arrow.

The old one (WILO, may be?) have white label with black print vaillant...VPAR-7...and clockwise arrow.

My question is the same as in topic above (link on top):
can I change 1) only pump head (this is much more simple, only 4 screws) or 2) I need to change whole pump with all pipe connections.

I think last is true... And this job is more difficult and expensive...

found only one mention in google search (vaillant, pump, vpar, vpal) - at this forum - and came here for your advice or comments

Thank You!

Sponsored Links
No you cannot change the head only

The will pump was not very good so Vaillant replaced with grundfoss they are slightly different and it won't fit properly

Also if possible the pipe kits should be replaced at this time

Thank You very much.
Pipe kit is included with new pump.

Sponsored Links
The pump is in the outer combustion chamber and should not be changed by a DIYer in the UK.

Even in Russia, if his profile is to be believed, the pump is still in the outer combustion chamber!

Sorry? What it means "the pump is in the outer combustion chamber and should not be changed"? Should not be changed AT ALL? I don't understand...

pump in a boiler:

But Vaillant officials had sold a new pump, and their domestic representative (serviceman) said that he can (will) change pump (whole pump, with metal head and plastic/ceramic snail)

Please explain me, what to do?

Thank you for your attention.

And I am, yes, in Russia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back