Pump failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I got really loud banging coming from the water pipes near to the hot water cylinder on switching on CH system.This happened about a month before ( see previous post )but when CH engineer came the problem had dissappeared( last month)! Although he thought I might need a new pump. Now I am certain the pump has finally given up the ghost.( cant here any noise at all when on)
My question is:- am I okay to just use emmersion heater to provide hot water? Someone said I could use boiler to provide hot water (?) but I dont think that is correct
System:-
Hot water tank( upstairs),pump at base of hot water tank, header tank for hot water tank in attic.Boiler down stairs. open system

Am hoping to get a new CH system soon.
Replies appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yesterday I got really loud banging coming from the water pipes near to the hot water cylinder on switching on CH system.This happened about a month before ( see previous post )but when CH engineer came the problem had dissappeared( last month)! Although he thought I might need a new pump.
Now I am certain the pump has finally given up the ghost.( cant here any noise at all when on)

why not replace the pump?

My question is:- am I okay to just use emmersion heater to provide hot water?

yes

Well, am having CH engineer come on Friday and may have combi fitted or just replace my old boiler and keep old system.
If combi is best for me I may as well just suffer it for the moment.

Incidentally, how much would I expect to pay for pump and fitting?

Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back