Pump on indirect vented hot-water cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I wonder whether anyone can give some advice please.

I want to install a dual coil indirect vented hot water cylinder in Malta to use both solar and oil CH as a means of heating my hot water. So far so good. My question is the following: 1. This is a flat and the cold water storage tank is in the garage and supplies both cold and hot water feeds via a pump on a pressure switch. With a vented indirect hot water cylinder how do I ensure that the pressurised cold feed to the tank is not expelled from the top hot water output in the cylinder? I can install a surrey flange at the hot water top outlet, but is that enough? Should I install in series from the hot water outlet the following: 1. An air vent (to air bleed when filling up); 2. a pressure vent (to release any hot water expansion, should anything go wrong); 3. a surrey flange?

Any advice gratefully received as I have never used/worked on vented hot water cylinder before. Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
simply put - you cannot put a pump before a vented cylinder, afterwards yes but not before.

so your set up needs to be: cold main - cold tank - hot tank - pump - taps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back