Punto Wiper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yesterday my passenger side wiper stopped working, upon lifting the bonet it become noticeable straight away what the problem was. It seems that the link in the arm has come apart, I attached images of the problem, could someone please tell me what the best way to fix this is? hopefully it wont be too expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Sponsored Links
The ball joint has become so worn thats its simply popped out of its socket....a Fiat dealer or scrap yard beckons for a replacement, but choose carefully! You can make a temporary repair with an elastic band - in fact I believe that Renault are enclosing them as an extra :eek: as they have the same problem. John :)

scrap yard is the best option as john says.
Common problem on fiats, and think the dealer charge a fortune for a new complete assembly.

scrap yard is the best option as john says.
Common problem on fiats, and think the dealer charge a fortune for a new complete assembly.

Same thing happened to my sisters punto.I repaired it temporarily with some cable ties about 12 months ago and its still ok.

Sponsored Links
Hi pj11,

You fix seems to have lasted a good while,where exactly did you place the cable ties?

Thanks.

Peter.

The hole in the crank to the right of the pivot looks like an inviting place to fit a keep plate to hold the failed joint together

Back