Pure Legato cd40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Pure Legato CD40 DAB radio that has just stopped working.... Well a while ago anyway, and I've now decided to challenge the problem.
I know there are so many bad reviews about the product, especially the CD player.
But I only want to use it for the radio anyway.
Problem is I just get a blue screen. So it's powering OK, but nothing else.

Their technical support is C**P a and I know I can buy a refurbishment or pay to get it fixed. But I'm dubious to how long that will last.

Any tips before I strip it down and what to look out for?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's funny you should have this problem, as I have EXACTLY the same symptoms on a , I have taken it to bits and about all I could check are the 4 low voltage regulators, +&- 12V also 2 x 5V. All were OK. All plugs seem to be fully inserted as well.
The problem here is it looks as if the radio is 'micro processor' based, consequently it's like a PC with a display that lights up but nothing on the screen. Therefore could be anything. You will need much more knowledge and or drawings than are available outside of 'PURE'. At least with a PC you have more items you can get to, to check. It also looks as if this is a common fault with the CD40!! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back