Push Fit Split Tee's - OK on heating?

Sponsored Links
AH- Slip not split . I imagined something with jubilee clips and rubber seals :oops:

Sponsored Links
personally i wouldn't use speedfit or Hep2o fittings on any heating or hot water service.

after 5 years the speedfit become tarnished (brown) and brittle to the point of collapse.
and the grip rings in Hep2o fail if the pipe is not cut correctly/inserted perfectly straight.

use a decent plastic fitting or better still use copper

Uhm, Thanks Kevingas .... do you think the later JG fittings are better?

Maybe I should get a blow torch out and do it properly with solder joints.

there is a compression slip coupling.in certain situations iv used normal compression couplings, basically slide the comp fitting on the pipe one end with nut and olive attached. then the other end without nut and olive attached mark the pipe for cutting.so basically put nut and olive on the other pipe end then,end with nut and olive on the other pipe.slide the comp fitting till both olives on each pipe end are equal .then tighten.sounds a bit confusing,yet thats proberbly my description fault.

after 5 years the speedfit become tarnished (brown) and brittle to the point of collapse.
and the grip rings in Hep2o fail if the pipe is not cut correctly/inserted perfectly straight.

Surely not. These businesses would be out of business by now and houses all over the country would be spewing water?

Have you any evidence/reports/pictures that can, when brought together, provide evidence of this please?

I have to agree with goldspoon ... surley a major manufacturer like speedfit with all the kitemarks would not produce fittings that crumble after 5 years?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back