Push-fit white overflow to solvent white overflow

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I got some Wicked white push-fit as I need to change the run of the overflow from my F&E and cold tank.

On examination I see the old stuff is solvent-weld. It has something in tiny orange print along the side that I ca't make out.

Can I join them, or must I rip out all the old stuff?

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to do this if your boiler has just been condemned?
i am beginning to believe you have what psychiatrists politely call:
'a rich interior life' ;)

I got some Wicked white push-fit as I need to change the run of the overflow from my F&E and cold tank.

No its just the modern language to mean something like fashionable, good, big, amazing etc!

Sponsored Links
No! JohnD would never make a spelling mistake!

Tony

On examination I see the old stuff is solvent-weld. It has something in tiny orange print along the side that I ca't make out.

Can I join them, or must I rip out all the old stuff?

If you want to join them you'll probably find a speedfit 22mm straight coupler will do the trick, ive used them before and they tighten down quite nicely on the overflow if they are slightly different sizes, as long as the old stuff is no bigger than 22mm. ;)

i am begginig to believe you have what pschiatrists politely call:
Send me £100 cash and I'll prove it.

"Wicked" was a humorous modification of "Wickes"

If I'd said "A Wicked white push-up" then that would have been use of contemporary colloquialism.

p.s. Thank you, chr15 for your sensible reply.

(edited)

i am begginig to believe you have what pschiatrists politely call:
Send me £100 cash and I'll prove it.

"Wicked" was a humorous modification of "Wickes"

If I'd said "A Wicked white push-up" then that would have been use of contemporary colloquialism.

p.s. Thank you, chr15 for your sensible reply.

(edited)

You may believe that "Wicked" was a humorous modification of "Wickes", but believe me it's not.
Didn't even raise a smile :evil:

that I am not making up either my old boiler or my inconvenient loft overflow path

Compression fittings are available to join the odd sizing of overflow pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back