push fittings for 36mm 1 1/4 waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
im looking at increasing the diameter of my waste pipe from 36mm to 40mm..for building regs

I have looked in b&q,wickes to find a push fit solution but can only find 32mm to 40mm fittings..

Where can i get the correct fitting..?

many thaaks

Sponsored Links
Are you measuring the internal or external diameter? 36mm sounds like external diameter of 32mm pipe.

Depending on existing pipe, you may need a compression waste coupling to adapt it to push fit pipe.

You won't find any push fit waste fittings for 36mm pipe, because they do not exist.

Your existing pipes might be solvent weld, which is not compatible with push fit at all, as the pipe is larger and made from ABS rather than polypropylene.
Or it could be older pipe made to inch dimensions rather than metric ones. Not compatible either.
The compression type fittings should fit all types. However in some cases, they do not.

Far easier to just remove the whole lot and replace everything, assuming it actually needs replacing in the first place.

BS sizes for Waste Pipes are 32mm, 40mm and 50mm. And there are slight differences between Push Fit and Solvent Weld.
If your existing is defo Push Fit then the fitting you found in Wickes should do the job, as already mentioned, a mechanical or compression coupler will cover you for Pf or SW.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Sponsored Links
Bear in mind (although some disagree) that whilst all solvent weld waste is a standard size across all the manufacturers, push fit isn't. If in doubt a compression fitting should get you out of trouble to join new and old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back