putting pipes in garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in a few months i will be having a boiler installed on my garage wall. on the opposite wall i have all my other pipes from upstairs and downstairs rads, also the cylinder will be located here along with the 3 port valve, shower pump etc.

my garage floor is being concreted on friday 150mm thick, i was going to rn plastic pipe speedfit under the floor up the wall to where the boiler will be. Am i right in thinking this will be better to try and avoid air locks rather than going up across then down the wall to boiler?

if im ok to run in floor shall i just put pipe in insulation and burry? I ahve conduit pipe for the speedfit but this will not insulate the pipes that well will it/ thanks Steve

Sponsored Links
should be lagged as well.
it might be an idea to run 2 lengths of 6"x 2" timber across floor to create a channel to run the pipes in. then place a steel plate over it.

Its far easier to run them across the ceiling, lagged of course or at high level round the end wall. Fitting an air bleed point as required.

You dont mention a gas supply pipe! Obviously special requirements apply and one hopes you have a CORGI installer to advise on all these aspects.

Tony

yes someone will install and commision the boiler and put the gas pipe in, the gas pipe will hopefully go up, in the ceiling and back down above the plasterboard if thats aloud. I can run the pipes up and over but as im having a up and over style roller door the pipes will have to be above the ceiling. this then stops me putting the bleed valves in i pursume? any ideas.

Sponsored Links
anyone got any views on the hair vents below the floor? i could possible tee them up into the warbdrobe above in the bedroom would this be OK? and should i get auto vents or manual ones? thanks steve

If there is a room above the garage then you could have a small removable board above the air vents.

Auto vents often leak.

Manual vents are safer and cheaper.

Tony

ok as long as that is acceptable then i will do that, i have a built in warbdrobe going in the bedroom so think i will put it in there, then mark it on the boiler that air vents are located there for future reference. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back