PVC French Door Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's come to my attention that my French doors are not sealing properly, although rather than being the locks fault as per norm, the panel needs to shift a couple of mil to the left to reach the seal properly:

gaps.jpg

There are some screws behind the hinge:

hingescrews.jpg

and an allen screw on the outside:

hingeallen.jpg

What are the chances any of them are going to let me shift the door and stop the draft?

Cheers,

Russ

EDIT: Just did some further digging and there is a second allen screw on the outside, under a cover that is at 90° to the first one, so I'm assuming that it what I need to adjust, but would like some confirmation before I make things worse :D

Sponsored Links
one allen key will adjust side to side, the other up and down usually the upper one adjusts sideways cheers

Cheers for the confirmation, it was the top screw. Messed with it last night and adjusted the cams a bit, it would appear to be air-tight now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back