Pyronix enforcer: bleeps on entering house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a pyronix wireless alarm system installed 2 weeks ago. I recently noticed that after a full set, when I enter through the front door, the alarm does not bleep at all (there is a PIR in the hallway). I then switch the alarm off. I am sure that the control panel bleeped loudly when the engineer was showing me. I tested the kitchen back door where there is a door contact and the alarm and siren went off immediately without any time lag. Is this all normal?
would appreciate any thoughts
thanks

Sponsored Links
Isn't there a contact on the front door, there should be, PiR in the hall or not?

If there is, it has 'stuck' and needs replacing, if there isn't, one needs to be fitted.

Just a PiR in the hall is NoT the way to do it.

Back door, unless this is a designated entry/exit route, what you have and how it works is correct.

Isn't there a contact on the front door, there should be, PiR in the hall or not?
In a wireless system the PIR in the hall must be set so that it is NOT triggered by the front door opening. The reason for this is that if the PIR and door sensor are both triggered at the same time then they will both transmit "alarm" at the same time. When two sensors transmit at the same time the panel will not receive the "alarm" messages clearly and may not react correctly if it reacts at all.

In a wireless system that two way communications between panel and sensors the sensors can repeat the "alarm" until they receive an acknowledgement from the panel

Thanks for your advice,

I have both door contacts and sensors in the back rooms. However, I didn't consider the front door as a major risk as there is a locked porch in front of it. I thought a PIR in the hallway facing the front door would be enough. What is the specific reason for having a door contact as an entry/exit? Sorry for asking the obvious but I just want to understand this fully. The alarm installer is coming back, so I will get him to put in a door contact on the front door. Further to Bernard's comment, would it be easy enough to set the hallway PIR so that it does not trigger when the front door is opened.
thanks for clearing this up!

Sponsored Links
Check that the pet option on the pir has been removed as it may make it lazy in a small hallway , does it look as if it has some stripes on the pir sensor lens ?, if so it's still attached, this just clips out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back