Pyronix or Visonic and should I get an certificate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had 2 installers come round one of which could supply both Pyronix and Visonic systems but said that he thought that the Pyronix Enforcer was the better system

The other installer could only install Visonic Powermax Complete

Are the Visonic Powermaster 10 Power G product better than the Powemax complete http://www.visonic.com/products

And how do both Visonic systems compare to the Pyronix Enforcer

Finally both systems need to be hard wired in, if this is the case should I get a electrical certificate for this work and should it go back to a spare switch on the fuse board?

Sponsored Links
Both visonic & enforcer systems are good reliable products

As for electrical certificate i have never seen or heard anybody giving one for alarm installation so not too sure. All intruder alarms should be wired to the mains. You should never see a pro installed alarm on a plug

It is better for it to be wired on its own circuit on the board but this is not always practical. The installer will probably connect it into the Sockets Ring Main. I have seen installs wired into the lights ring main but thats best avoided. It should be connected by a Unswitched Fused Spur (FCU) with a fuse rating recommended by the control panel manufacturer

What was the Spec & whats are the prices ?
Is it Monitored if so whats the costs ?

Hi

For the following items I have had the following quotes, would be grateful for any advice please

6 PIR's one of which pet friendly for garage
(others for kitchen, dining room, hall, lounge, landing)
1 door contact for front door
1 Bell Box
Control panel with dialler
2 keyfobs

What one company told me is that the bell box should be wired in and not wireless so it complies with NSI Gold regulations?

Company 1 - NSI Silver
For the Pyronix Enforcer it was £590+ VAT and £90+VAT per year maintenance

Company 2 - NSI Gold
Visonic Powermax Complete
£490 + VAT and £70 annual maintenance

Company 3 - NSI Gold

Honeywell wireless system
£1800+ VAT and £120+VAT per annum

Company 4
Scantronic ION 16 system
£ 1200 + vat with service contract £140 per year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back