question about medical permanent supplies.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With a revenue protection officer, I changed a 'non rigged' electric meter but the seals on it were a piece of copper with a makeshift seal on it.

On inspection off the meter, there was a mini consumer unit 1RCD 2xMCCBs that was connected directly to the cutout. (cutout had same dodgy looking seals)

so my question is, as there was a prepay meter in place, is this allowed if there a constant need for electric due to a medical condition which requires 24/7 electrically powered medical equipment?

House was a cannabis farm and the account was more than forth coming that this was the supply used for the farm. I disconnected the cables and made it safe.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it or come across it, you would have to check with the supplier what is in place to pay for the units used. Which is possible with a pre-pay meter if it's a fixed load. (though I would expect a quarterly meter to have been retained to supply all the load as a check)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back