Question on connecting lamp holders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently making some Disco lighting screens. I want to connect 4 lamp holders inside the boxes i have made and then fit coloured 60w or 100w lamps inside.

Option 1: Can i wire the lamp holders all together and just put one 13amp plug on.
Or
Option 2: Will i have to put one plug onto each lamp holder and use an extension lead inside, this would give 4 internal plugs for the lamp holders, and 1 external plug.

Option 2 will obviously work, but i would prefer to use option 1 if it's possible and safe to do because it's a cheaper option.

This is not my field, any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Option 1: Can i wire the lamp holders all together and just put one 13amp plug on.

Yes= but 4 x 100w = 400w / 230v = less than 2 amp, fuse with a 3A fuse.

Have you thought about cooling / airflow ? Drill some 20mm+ holes top and bottom to allow some cooling and keep the lamp life good.

Do you intend to have the lights flashing via a light controller, or are they simple switch on ambient lights ?

Yes= but 4 x 100w = 400w / 230v = less than 2 amp, fuse with a 3A fuse.

Have you thought about cooling / airflow ? Drill some 20mm+ holes top and bottom to allow some cooling and keep the lamp life good.

Do you intend to have the lights flashing via a light controller, or are they simple switch on ambient lights ?

Excellent, appreciate that.

I already have some sound to light screens and i just need a few constants, hence me building some for a fraction of the cost of buying new.

Cheers buddy ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back