Quick one on gas tightness/let tests

Sponsored Links
The it would boiler down to the reason for the TT.

If you're testing the installation then no problems.

If you are testing the valve then bingo.

Without trying to confuse you.

Domestic test is 10 for 1, 20 for 1 top up if require 20 for 2. Yes I'm aware that the new pressure figures are slightly different.
The 2mins is the MINIMUM for a domestic test, you can test for longer with the maximum time being set by the guage your using.
You wouldn't, but it's your choice if you wish to extend the test, but then again it's your choice to decide what actions you follow depending on the drops you find and what your actually testing

Your highly unlikely to get a test that holds for 2mins then drops below the limits.

Well if he was suggesting that he should also have been telling you to isolate appliances otherwise it could be anywhere .
Your engineer is right

Sponsored Links

Domestic test is 10 for 1, 20 for 1 top up if require 20 for 2.

Great innit when you consider the varying volumes of a domestic installation :LOL:

Cp12'd a place the other week with about 4 feet of gas pipe - 3 of which was 15mm.

Then we have the place i have to do the Tuppa-Cellar for whereby we maxed out (actually now the fire company have been in it could be over) the domestic criteria.

Thinking about it - NG moved the U16 meter since commissioning so it is definitely out of scope now, but you get the picture :D.

Not really pal considering when you do your calcs you'll be surprised at just how big a volume a 2min test will cover.

Anyway let's keep it simple for the lad

If the CC lets retired and no longer registered engineers in then surely there should be allowance for genuine apprentices.
Maybe this is something for admin to look into?

Here mate they didn't like the cut of my jib & chucked me out....... 😃😃😎
It a race in there to get their nose up each other's rsole quickest.....😜😜

Domestic test is 10 for 1, 20 for 1 top up if require 20 for 2.

Great innit when you consider the varying volumes of a domestic installation :LOL:

Cp12'd a place the other week with about 4 feet of gas pipe - 3 of which was 15mm.

Then we have the place i have to do the Tuppa-Cellar for whereby we maxed out (actually now the fire company have been in it could be over) the domestic criteria.

Thinking about it - NG moved the U16 meter since commissioning so it is definitely out of scope now, but you get the picture :D.

It's not called a CP12 anymore Danny dear boy..... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back