Quote for 7 internal doors.. is it reasonable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, looking for a bit of a guide, we have a quote for 7 internal doors (Similar to these - http://goo.gl/wo7dT)
The quote that we have is £390 this includes adjusting some door frames because the original doors are only 2cm thick (the frames need to accomodate 3.5cm doors).

Is this quote reasonable (Its come from a friend of a friend so Im sure it is.. but just want to be sure)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
these are egg box type doors correct?
and im assuming the joiner/chippy will have to adjust the stops as needed?

this equates to about 55 quid a door.

how many of the frames need to have the stops moved?

if i was doing a similar job to this,without moving any of the stops then i would be looking at £30-£40 p/door.so hes charging you roughly 15 quid to move the stops.

no doubt others may say its a tad steep,maybe it is?but i havnt seen the job,maybe the chippy has spotted something and charged accordinaly.

Its a good price if door is included in price, otherwise expensive.

Sponsored Links
Hi

the quotation is not bad, but it is very important to have in mind the cost involving fitting thr doors. Also try to find the price for the hardware. Did you looked for door sets? As far as I know those are coming with the hardware included.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back