Rad pipe became disconnected, I fixed, but now no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I clumsily pulled a central heating pipe out on the compression joint when removing skirting to fit wooden floor. I switch off at mains but all water drained before I could repair.
Repair worked ok but now I have no hot water! I turn the boiler to zero and the reset light comes on but when I turn up again the boiler does not fire and the light does not come on.
It's too much of a coincidence as all was working fine before my "accident".
I have bled all rads (there was a lot of air).
I can post boiler details later, but anyone any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
You might as well post details now, they will need it.
I would guess airlock, but Im not a plumber.

Lok for air bleed/vent points, like at V here:
VentOnPrimaries.gif

If you can't find anything, post some pics of the inside of your airing cupd.

how did you refill the system with water?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I can get details & pics this evening (in work now).
I refilled the system by turning back on the incoming mains water.

From this vague description of filling the system, I would guess it is not filled at all. The air was probably just coming out from what little water was settling once the bleed points were opened.

Just realised the title of the post is misleading! I do have a steady flow of water from the hot taps, it's just not hot!

Turning your mains stopcock back on wouldn't fill the ch system though.

This would need to be done via a filling loop (sealed system or combi), or from the header tank if open vented.

You need to explain in full detail.

Just realised the title of the post is misleading! I do have a steady flow of water from the hot taps, it's just not hot!

Your central heating isn't anything to do with your domestic hot water, did you turn the boiler off before all the water drained from the system?

Maybe all the water drained out and the boiler overheated and now has to be reset?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back