radials from ring final circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a kitchen fitter with no electrical formal qualifications. A sparkey friend of mine says that from a ring final circuit at any given socket on that ring you can take a spur/ radial to up to 3 13amp double sockets from that ring provided they are connected with 4 mm cable. I think this is wrong, as as I understand it only a single spur can be taken from every outlet on a ring final circuit. The only way as I uderstand it that you can take multiple socket outlets from a socket on a ring finai circuit is that you take the feed from the R.F. C. socket to a fused connection unit, fused to 13 amp and then on to as many sockrt outlets as you desire but of course limited to a total load of 13 amps cummulative load across all sockets . PLEASE help and advise as serious beer is at stake.
Kind regards wes

Sponsored Links
Yes you are quite correct.

Ask you 'sparky' friend to take a read of appendix 15 of BS7671:2008, if he does indeed own a copy.

I think we could all add more beer to the pot wagering that he doesn't even have a copy of the 16th....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back