Radiator Clearence From Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumber fitting new rads said in error the supplier gave him 600mm high rather than 450mm high. Due to the fact the rads are under a window hight is limited, 450mm was what he was supposed to get as he then had 150mm cap at the bottom between the bottom of rad and the floor, however he has just called me and said 'he was incorrectly supplied with 600mm', my gf let him in the house and he says he can fit them in at squeeze, there must only be max 10mm between bottom of rad and floor in this case. Is this just asking for trouble doing this having such a small gap ?

Sponsored Links
You will not get convection currents if they are so close to the floor and they will look terrible!!

It"s his mistake so tell him to exchange them for the correct size!!

You will not get convection currents if they are so close to the floor and they will look terrible!!

It"s his mistake so tell him to exchange them for the correct size!!

Thought so :confused: he said if he couldnt use them he would have to 'abort' the job ffs, abort it is then

Won’t look too good, but due to the 30 percent more capacity, you are not likely to sit in a cold house. Unlikely to cause serious problems

Sponsored Links
Just see what he has said!

The supplier sent the wrong rads!

He will have to abort the job!

Obviously HE has ordered the wrong rads and cannot take them back.

DONT pay him for a bad job! Its his mistake and its up to him to sort it out!

Let him abort the job as its him who will have wasted his time ( and money! )

You can get a conscientious person to do a proper job!

Why put up with a half baked job from a half baked installer. He deserves to lose out for even thinking of doing a bad job.

Tony

How ridiculous this all is. I often find that a rad I have ordered will not fit, or the customer changes their mind where they want it to go and I just take it/them back for a credit and obtain the correct one.

Tell him where to go.

Bet he has got a job lot at a ridiculous low price and wants to offload them onto you :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back