Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - i hope you can help me

I got a quote for the following supply & fitting of

2 x 600 x 1200 double rad
1 x 300 x 2000 double rad
1 x 600 x 1200 single rad
7 x thermo static valves

So the 3 1200's are new rads and the 300 is replacing a smaller one in my bedroom. The guy's also "hiding" so exposed pipe work on two other heater as well as fitting the TRV's throughout.

The guy's Gorgi registered and has quoted £1153 does that sound about right??? I know it's difficult without see, just need some ideas really. Got some other quotes coming next week but just need an idea really.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What ever happened to Rule 9. Thought this was DIY forum not a f****** quote line for anyone who's worried about some poor soul earning a crust out of them.

Why not source all the rads etc yourself and get a quote for fitting.

Expect to pay £80 min labour for each rad :D

Sponsored Links
Nixt said:
What ever happened to Rule 9. Thought this was DIY forum not a f****** quote line for anyone who's worried about some poor soul earning a crust out of them.

I was only trying to gauge if I was getting taken for a ride on costs, i wasn't asking you to quote the job - if you having got anything constructive to say why say anything!

Bahco said:
Why not source all the rads etc yourself and get a quote for fitting.

Expect to pay £80 min labour for each rad :D

thanks for that. :)

kevplumb said:
I was only trying to gauge if I was getting taken for a ride on costs, i wasn't asking you to quote the job -

so why not get some quotes :idea:

I am, I was just curious and asked while I'm waiting for some guys to come round. I thought it was a harmless enough question. Apologies for posting.

jumpingtwo said:
Got some other quotes coming next week but just need an idea really.

thanks in advance

I was only trying to gauge if I was getting taken for a ride on costs, i wasn't asking you to quote the job - if you having got anything constructive to say why say anything!

In other words trying to gauge an alternative quote. If you aren't looking for practical DIY help/info why should you post!

You can look at parts off discountheating or somewhere and estimate what his costs might be, but then there are lots of other factors: the sundries, inhibitor, overheads like his van, insurance, his missus....

What's it worth to you ? This is the question you need to answer, not whether someone else is making a fair living from providing it to you at that price.

Essentially, if you can't do it but you want it done, you'll be paying someone else for their time, skill, overheads, and some sort of profit. Hmmm

The guy's Gorgi registered
:rolleyes:

Nixt said:

In other words trying to gauge an alternative quote. If you aren't looking for practical DIY help/info why should you post!
Why attack someone for something as innocent as wanting to get advice on wheather he is being ripped off or not? If you needed to comment at all why not just say get quotes?
The media gives plumbers a bad name anyway through various programmes that are run, so bad attitudes on this forum just highlight the fact, if you carry on like that. Personally i think that most proffs that use this forum are genuine and will help you save money if they can. Big up kevplumb

Did not realise this is what forum is for. Last time I looked DIY advice meant helping/advising someone how to tackle a task, diagnose a problem or give practical tips. I must have overlooked the bit that describes it as a consumer protection service.

Granted it is not a consumer protection forum. It is also not a protect someone that is trying to earn a crust out of you! forum. The OP was wrong to ask the question, but you were equally wrong to attack him for that.

It is also not a protect someone that is trying to earn a crust out of you! forum.

I must have missed the post by the person trying to earn a crust out of the OP. Besides my original post was about rule 9 which appears in rules section and nothing personal against the OP until their remark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back