Radiator Key Won't Turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, there... Me again, the little newb at DIY D:
Again, sorry if what I'm asking is obvious but bear in mind we all start somewhere and that somewhere is knowing absolutely nothing :)

My problem is my radiator key won't turn in the valve.
I'm bleeding the upstairs radiators, and I've got two working so far, with only two more to go.

Now, the issue was it did work up until an extent; I put the key in went to turn and was having some trouble getting it turned.
There was a click as if I had opened it, and now the key won't turn at all- well, it's not so much it turning, it does turn but it's as if the valve has been corroded, so it doesn't open.

It's not the key, since it still turns on the other radiators, and I don't think its the valve, since it looks actually more square than the ones that did turn.

I've definitely got the key in right, and I'm definitely turning it in the right direction- what's up? o-o

Sponsored Links
The valve is made of soft brass, and I guess what was once square is now more like round, unfortunately!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back