Radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with just a couple of my radiators.

One half (the side where the feed comes in) gets hot as normal but the other side stays cold. I've bled them until the air stops but I never get the actual water coming out once the air stops.

I've read on DIYNOT that if the bottom is hot and the top is cold then it could be down to air but can't find anything about what could cause one side to get hot whilst the other remains cold.

Any ideas what could cause this?

If it could be sludge blocking it, is removing the radiator and flushing it out a relatively simple procedure or is it best left to a professional?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
if you have an open vent system, then it sounds like the classic cold feed blocked at the 'T' where it joins the main heating pipe work, that is if you have checked you have water in your small F&E tank first :eek:

If it is a combi or sealed system you need to re-pressurise it to get more water into the system until water comes out of the air bleed points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back