Radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a total number of 7 radiators in my property, which was all installed roughly 2 years ago, all with thermostatic valves.
The living room radiator is a double, but recently has decided to offer me only a little warmth.
When the heating is swithched on, the radiator is working perfectly, then after an hour it loses heat. If i close the valve off and then back on the rad, it heats up temporarily, anyone got an idea.Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Room or boiler stat faulty ???

What the number is the boiler setting at ?

ooop! the lads will need to know type of boiler and system etc.

All thermostats on rads. are set between 4 & 5, it is a potterton performa 28i, set at 50 degrees on boiler at 1.5 bar, is this any help? Cheers

Sponsored Links
O.K. this is really weird, heating has been working normally again for 2 hours and then the living room rad decides to run luke warm, while the rest of the house works perfectly. I have a boiler stat which is set to 50 degrees, combi boiler......... any help would be really appreciated, ive tried bleeding all rads, furthest to closest, but still no joy, again many thanks

If anyones interested, the problem that i had was due to the thermostat on the radiator.
Removed the living room stat and replaced with another, central heating now working fine.
Still, a bit suprised since its only been installed 2 years, thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back