radiator problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new boiler installed - Potterton Suprima. At the monment Ihave the CH off and the hot water set on the timer. I have all the radiators upstairs turned off for the summer. The downstairs radiators are always set to on as I cannot turn them off. (They have a green knob at one end and a red knob at the other - which should I turn to put on or off?) As far as I know, there are no thermostat controls on the radiators - they are either on or off. The problem is that I have noticed that the downstairs radiators are warming up when the water is heating up. Why is this? I obviously don`t want heating on in the summer so what should I do? Also, when the engineer put the CH on just to make sure it was working, I noticed the radiators were all very very hot except one. As there is no thermostat controls on individual radiators, can this be solved by turning the dial down on the boiler? I thought the pilot light might go out if I turned it down too far. Where should it be set on the dial?
As you will gather, I am a novice and would appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
new boiler. pilot light. no proper controls, probably still on gravity.did you pay for this work. :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back