Radiators coming on with hot water question?

Right,

Sorry bit of an idiot.

I checked the actuator and realised how easy it is to take on and off.

Checking the valve behind, there is some movement but how much is there meant to be?

If its closed position is 12 o'clock the only movement is to the left to about 9 o'clock. Should it move the other way? (to the right) or is this its normal movement.

Cheers guys

Russell,

If it is like a standard 3-way diverting valve, from memory, I think it turns through 90 Degrees stroke to stroke, at one extreme it is on hot water only, at the other extreme it is central heating onlly and at mid-posiiton (I believe this is what you are describing as 12 o' clock) it is feeding heat to hot water AND central heating.

Basically, if it doesn't turn through the same stroke as the actuator ( assuming it is the right actuator, 99% certain it must be or it wouldn't fit on easily) then it is stuck, probably from being scaled up or seized up due to old age, no inhibitor etc.

If so, just change it, not worth messing around trying to free it up.

In the meantime, I'll try and find a data sheet for your valve, will post back.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Are pipes on all three outlets on the valve getting hot? If the pipe going to rads is not getting hot during HW demand, valve is OK but plumbing (as already mentioned) is suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back