RADIATORS NOT HEATING UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
i had a radiator added to my central heating sytem in the ground floor toilet over the weekend. when the system was put back on some of the radiators were not heating up. the enginner said they needed bleeding which he did.
however the problem is still there. two of the radiators on the ground floor really struggle to heat up. to be precise it takes about an hour for those two radiators to heat up.
before the installation of the new radiator, they heated up in about ten minutes(really hot)
one radiator does not heat up at all. it just gets slightly warm and no more.
can someone please let me know what is wrong. i thought it must be air but worried as we did bleed them.
please advice.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be an air lock, or a blockage, or might need balancing, you shouldn't of let the engineer leave until you were satisfied they were all working as they should of been.

Personally you should get them back out to rectify the problem

thanks for the reply.i will get them to come back. funny thing is -- i can feel that the pipe under the new radiator is very hot. this is just before it connects to the radiator. touch it and its really hot. however touch the radiator and its just struggling to warm up. this is the new one that was put in the toilet.
i will get him back. thanks very much.

sorry i forgot to add that if i switch two other radiators in the lounge off, then the three giving problems starts to heat up faster. however once all the radiators are switched on , the problem returns.

Sponsored Links
Air lock or lack of water in the system. Has the locksheild on the new rad been opened fully?

thanks guys. engineer back yesterday.let some air out, increased the boiler thermostat and a bit of balancing and it seems to have done the trick.
thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back