radiators

right take the offending rads off after closing BOTH valves

get yersen a bucket and open a valve at a time and see what comes out :idea:

i will say again it's not your problem if you have paid to have the job done it should be right

Sponsored Links
Tommer said:
I have tried to contact the guy today with no luck will keep on trying...
You seem to have ignored what suggested said:
Start by writing a polite letter, setting out the functional state of the system resulting from his work. Point out that he's been paid, and that you believe that rectifying the problems is his responsibility. Avoid all emotional or emotive words, e.g. "disappointed", "fed up", etc.

Most people will react to a letter like that, but even if he doesn't respond then you've created the basis of litigation in the future, in case you have to pay someone else to sort it out.
:?:

Well closed both rad valves and then opened one at a time and at the same time opened the bleed screw water was venting so that tells me the valves are OK. Can any body tell me what to try next as they still don't get hot although the one in the small room has got slightly war but not hot and the other is still cold.

Sponsored Links
Softus,

I thought I would be getting the same result by closing the valves and opening the bleed screw and then opening one valve at a time. as apposed to removing the rads. I thought that if the bleed screw discharged water then the valves must be ok?

You might not get much flow through a valve which could look ok at the bleed screw due to the small size.

Better to take off the rad as suggested, open up the valves one at a time into a basin and it should be more obvious if any has restricted flow.

Deso13

Will do, will let you know the out come,Thanks

Tommer said:
I thought I would be getting the same result by closing the valves and opening the bleed screw and then opening one valve at a time. as apposed to removing the rads. I thought that if the bleed screw discharged water then the valves must be ok?
Since denso13 has already replied to this I'm in danger of labouring the point, but I really can't see any sense in asking for advice and then doing something that's not only different but also pointless.

Softus

Point taken will remove the rads and report back as to the findings. However if the valves are found to be OK what is the next step?

It depends. I don't intend to describe now every possible outcome and advise on remedies because it would take too long, but you might find the following helpful...

If you remove a rad and can get abundant hot water from each valve, then the next step is to put the rad back again, let it fill up and see if it gets hot.

If it doesn't then this implies that the rad is blocked, in which case you can either attempt to clean it out or you can buy a new one.

If you don't get abundant hot water from each valve, then you have a blockage somewhere.

Gents,
Its me again, I have followed your instruction to the letter and here is my findings after removing the rads. opend TRV side no problems good flow of water, opend the other valve just a small amount of water, I then removed the valve completley with the heating on, still the flow was poor. this was the same for both rads. Can you advise the next step.

Tommer said:
Can you advise the next step.
The next step is rip the floor up in the bedrooms and the landing and find the blockage.

This would be a good time to revisit one of your earlier posts:

Tommer said:
Thanks for the reply but I have had the guys back and on the second visit flushed the system again, still the same. He then proposed to ripe the floor up in the bedroomsand the landing as he thought it was a blockage. i must stress that the system was OK before we had the work done. I now have no confidence in the guy so I ether get some one else to look at it or try to fix the fault myself with your assistence. Please let me know what you thing and the best way forward?
Do you know what I think? I think that the installer you engaged is perfectly competent, and that he identified the right remedy, but that you didn't like what he said.

I think that instead of letting him get on with it you've come on here, wasted our time by not listening to the advice given to you, until you had no alternative, and now you're no further forward.

So, I can't help but wonder what you're going to do. Lose confidence in the forum? Find another forum and waste people's time there? Engage the installer again to do the work? Find another plumber and try to get his advice for nothing?

And before you go bleating again that the system was working before your installer did the power flushing, it might interest you to know that I've just been to two properties with heating problems, where I lifted the floor to find flattened pipework. Sh*t happens.

Softus,

Thanks for the speedy responce, also for your pearls of wisdom, As for wasting your time I must appoligise as you must have tons of work on but still find time to write a small story about my situation.
Again I must appoligise for bleating on but as you know more about me that any one else, I would just like to ask you how you can have a flattend pipe under floor boards when no one has had access to the pipes, don't tell me sh*t happens quite amasing realy any way thanks again.

Tommer said:
Again I must appoligise for bleating on but as you know more about me that any one else, I would just like to ask you how you can have a flattend pipe under floor boards when no one has had access to the pipes
It's really very simple and obvious in my two cases - the builder did it and then covered it up because he didn't care. In one of the cases he covered it up with a 3" layer of concrete screed that I had to chisel out in order to find and repair a hole in one of the pipes.

don't tell me sh*t happens
I'll leave you to find out on your own then. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back