radio clock messed up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my radio control clock currently reads 10:13.. and it's 13:13 really.. think they messed up the time signal?

Sponsored Links
Easy fix, just move to Greenland.

Mine is OK, just reset it to make sure. Does yours have a time zone setting which might be set wrong?

These don't get a continuous signal so I doubt it was altered by a time signal.

It should reset next time it tunes in, or can you do a manual set or manual tune into the atomic time signal?

sid the signal was locked.. it's a digital clock so it's not like the thing stopped for 3 hours..it was just 3 hours out..

set it manually for now.. I'll see how it goes tonight when it synch up again..

Sponsored Links
I find mine goes a bit random when I've had my mobile phone next to it.

Nearly got me into bother a few times, have the phone alarm set as a backup now.

Buy a Smiths wind up one with a black dial and luminous hands you techno freaks!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

we have a radio controlled clock at work. always love arguing with staff that their watches are wrong, that clock is spot on and always will be. their watches are always like 4 minutes fast, so they try to make me shut the shop early. :rolleyes:

their watches are always like 4 minutes fast, so they try to make me shut the shop early.

Which means they must be 4 minutes late each morning! :LOL: :LOL:

so you're no good at temporal mechanics then?

4 mins fast means they get there at what they think is 09:00 but it's really only 08:56.. so 4 mins early..

Coljack, bit off topic.
I see you are in West midlands and you asked someone in northamptonshire about work.
Is northhampton near you as I MAY know of some permanent electrical work in that area.
I will send you a PM if you are interested

it's about 70 miles from me, so a bit far to drive every day.. thanks anyway..

I was asking i the other thread because he asked if anyone wanted some work but didn't specify what work..

4 mins fast means they get there at what they think is 09:00 but it's really only 08:56.. so 4 mins early..

Quite right Coljack, no excuses I didn't think correctly before I posted. :oops:

Its the old ruse, put the watch back so you say to the boss that you are on time then put it fast so you can complain its hometime ;)

Its the old ruse, put the watch back so you say to the boss that you are on time then put it fast so you can complain its hometime ;)
Back when we had the old digital clocks on the cigarette gantrys, the staff would fiddle these (very easy to change). I always wore a watch back then, as I knew that was right. But we dont have these old clocks anymore, just the radio controlled analogue clock.

Sponsored Links
Back