Rads in my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow DIY'rs iv just got my heating system back up and running after some work on my house. There problem iv got is my radiators are not all workong. The rads upstairs are working fine but the rads downstairs some cold, some warm but warm at the top and cold at the bottom. the system iv got is glow worm space saver boiler and it has a sunvic timer with a sun vic motorised valve. do i need to bleed the rads downstairs?

Sponsored Links
Try bleeding downstairs if that doesn't work check your pump, Try turning the ones off that are hot and leave the ones on that are cool.
If they are warm at the top theere will be no need to bleed

The rads have got a thermostat on so i turn the teromstats off or the valve on the otherside if the rads? do they need balancing. The pump is working i think its hot also its on the fastest setting.

networkrail said:
The rads have got a thermostat on so i turn the teromstats off or the valve on the otherside if the rads? do they need balancing. The pump is working i think its hot also its on the fastest setting.

Pump knackered or powerflush ;)

Sponsored Links
iv turned the lock valves down upstairs on the rads. now the rads are getting warm down stairs but the tops of the rads are getting warm but the bottoms are cold is this air lock? do they need bleading?

no they don't need bleeding if they are warm at the top, Did you try turning off the thermostatic ends on those that were working till the others get hot?

yes done that and the others seem to be getting warm now. iv got a sun vic motorised valve but think its nakered have to turn the valve with a ajustable spanner. whey would it stay cold at the bottom but hot at the top? i thought if it had air lock it would be hot at the bottom but cold at the top.

Not talking airlocks just bleeding the rads yes you are right hot at the bottom the rad would need bleeding

Thankyou Sime10,Bamber gaspipe all rads are working hot at top bad bottom working a treat thanks to all. What a great forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back