rapidset or slowset adhesive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've prepared the L part of a bathroom ready for tiling round a bath and overbath shower.

The wall's been rendered with s/c (with waterproofer) and I've put Homelux matting up.

The corner is pretty square and fairly plumb. I'm only tiling up to the ends of the bath (well, 20mm back from the ends). There's part of a window to get round (tiling one reveal) and a fan. But no shower to cut round it's a deck mounted mixer.

I put the Homelux on with BAL Rapidset Flexible (despite Topps selling me the wrong thing first). Very impressed. That's obviously pretty damn tough stuff.

There shouldn't be too much 'playing' to do. But I'm wondering if I should do the actual tiling with something slower setting (BAL single part flexible).

I'll start of with a horizontal batten just slightly less than a full tile above the bath (and do the bath course later) so shouldn't be too many problems there, I'm thinking more of given myself a chance to get the tiles flat, in the same plane as each other.

Tiles are 7mm, 20cmX20cm.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
depends what type of tile have got to fix?

ceramic/stone..etc
i.e..
if its a light coloured stone tile you will want a white rapidset adhesive,so you dont get any bleeding thro the tile.

Sponsored Links
single part from bal/mapei/weber....

even a couple of bags of PROFIX this is a bal product and cheaper than their normal addy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back