Rattling and banging (still!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me, I have figured out and fixed the last problem with the help of some of you out there with the water pressure which now reads normally.
But...I can not figure this out or mend it.....every so often there is loud knocking, rattling and banging noises which seems to be coming from the kitchen/bathroom end of my house it is really loud and is driving me around the bend! We do not have any water running etc when this happens...what is up with the pipes? Can I mend it myself. The water pressure reads 1 bar so that is OK what is happening? Will the pipes burst? Do I need to get someone in?
Cheers one and all for taking the time to read this and hopefully help me!
Nemmy

Sponsored Links
ur pipes are in eminent danger of bursting....get out of the house now
could well be ur pipes are not secured to walls properly...when pressure drops cos someone starts a tap they can suddenly move/bang about.
the 1bar i assume is from ur boiler c/h side. the above problem is not related to the c/h...just cold water supply

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, but I just do not understand why the pipes are making so much noise when they are not in use. Is there anything I can do to stop it? It is so loud sometimes, it doesn't happen a lot but when it does it is very annoying, could it be next door (I live in a semi detached)? Should I get someone in? I don't want them to pop or me for that matter because it is stressing me out!

Whilst you may not be using the water could it be that you have a washing machine or dish washer that is using water?

It is often caused by mains water pipes having become unclipped pr perhaps they were never clipped in the begining.

Alternatively perhaps you have a poltergist?

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the reply,
There is no water running at all when these noises start. We have a combi boiler, we have switched the heating off and when we use the taps there are no noises. Can next doors water pipes interfere with ours? It usually happens at the same times of the day, I am really panicking now...SORRY for being a pest! I just don't want to have to call a plumber out if I can sort the problem.
The poltergeist issue could be true though!
Look forward to hearing from you,
The plumber to be
Nemmy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back