Ravenheat csi 84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys help needed
Customers boiler cutting out on HW after about 10 mins on boiler overheat, if central heating is on it works fine. WP fine as is flow rate.
Removing lead from Mod coil burner shuts down but relights after a couple of seconds on low flame reconnect mod coil and then boiler goes back to full flame.
It had both thermistors fitted about 6 months ago and they are both give same readings and appear to be ok.
Forgot to check voltage on Mod coil to see if value changed or remained the same as the boiler cut out, oops
anywa usually when the Mod coil is disconnected the burner doesnt go out so it threw me a little and thought the valve may be faulty but after I left I thought it may be the pcb ? parts are dear its a crap boiler and a crap install (legal but not neat) and it has not been reliable during its life according to the customer.
If I was honest it should be scrapped but she cant afford another and so wants it fixing. don't want to order the pcb then find it was the valve.
Anyone had a similar experiance and experience with this fault on these boilers. Not too familiar with them myself and only ever fitted 3 Ravenheat boilers and worked on maybe a dozen others in the 15 years of being a gas fitter as they seem to be unreliable prone to leaks and generally not worth dealing with?
Sorry to be negative but they are unreliable :evil:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back