ravenheat csi85t dhw goes hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

Recently when running the water for a bath or running the water for a period of time, after 5 mins or so the water goes cold, on the boiler panel the red light is illuminated and the flame is out, switching the boiler off and back on the boiler then operates again but the above occurs again every 5 mins or so when the hot water is running

ive noticed if i run the water less than 5 mins and then run the tap again i can avoid the boiler getting into locking out but the water then runs cold for 3 mins or so before getting hot again

when the central heating is on nothing occurs on the central heating side but if i use the hot water for a period of time while the CH is running the boiler goes into lockout

the boiler is approx 5 years old

from what i have read on other posts am i correct it stating it is the dhw thermistor at fault?

or could it be something else?

many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back