Ravenheat LS 100 T. Heating cut out & intermitant hot w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading through some of the posts with similar issues that I have been encounting with my heating/water system but not completely sure if answers my problems.

Firstly there is the issue of intermitant hot cold water supply through all water outlets. Secondly when the heating kicks in, after about 5-10 minutes the boiler turns itself off and I have to restart it, although some days the heating works fine but the water issue is constant. Are the two issues related, and what in anyones opinion could the problem be.

Welcome any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately from your posting there is not much we can go on without significantly further information.

The fan mod PCB is a potential failure point and causes failure on heating when the boiler has mostly heated the system and modulates back

Tony

Sponsored Links
Date of purchase would be a start. Pre or post Sep 2005 helps a bit.
Only the later ones had a fan mod board.
I love Ravenheats me... but not these ones, they can be a pain.
Do a visual check that the flue is clear and is as you would expect it to be.
Then renew both the sensors. They are both 'wet pocket' which means they are in the water. Get a corgi to do it if you don't feel confident. A 13mm box spanner and some ptfe tape are good to have around but only the latter could be essential.
After that consider a new boiler before you throw any more money at it.
You will need a corgi to check the ignition pressure, check the venturi pipe, flue, fan and the APS. Combustion seals are an issue on earlier models. Don't take the cover off yourself it can be a Tw4t to get back on even when you know some tricks of the trade.
I could waffle on about the possibilities but my advice is change the sensors for now and cross the rest of the bridges as, when and if you reach them.

Date of purchase would be a start. Pre or post Sep 2005 helps a bit.
Only the later ones had a fan mod board.
I love Ravenheats me... but not these ones, they can be a pain.
Do a visual check that the flue is clear and is as you would expect it to be.
Then renew both the sensors. They are both 'wet pocket' which means they are in the water.

Thanks for the pointers, the unit was manufactured in 2004, well that is the date on the inside of the outer cover panel. The Flue appears clear but as it runs out of the side of the house and is extended through up and out of a car port/garage it is quite difficult to get a clear visual. Think I'll get someone in as it might be quicker and easier.

The CH sensor at least is always worth replacing on these, part number 0007TER05005/0 ask him to bring one with him.
Ravenheat might be able to recommend someone on 0113 252 7007

The CH sensor at least is always worth replacing on these, part number 0007TER05005/0 ask him to bring one with him.

Thanks again and apologies if you have already answered this previously however I'm assming this may or may not sort the heating issues, out of interest what are you your thoughts on the water problem? I just don't want to get the wool potentially pulled over my eyes on a call out, I know a sceptic but I've only just moved to the area and have no recommendations on who to call, so will be using the big yellow book!

Thanks again and apologies if you have already answered this previously however I'm assming this may or may not sort the heating issues, out of interest what are you your thoughts on the water problem? I just don't want to get the wool potentially pulled over my eyes on a call out, I know a sceptic but I've only just moved to the area and have no recommendations on who to call, so will be using the big yellow book!

Alternatively actually pay attention to your last post and contact Ravenheat, what can I say it's 03.40 and my brain is getting fried with all this bl*@dy stress!

So I ring Ravenheat, they stressed the unit was out of warranty "stating the obvious" and referred me only to British Gas as they are their company approved fitters. Looks like I'll need the Yellow Pages after all! As a side note the heating has been working fine all day today after I turned the control down but the water is still playing up and very annoying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back