Ravenheat rsf100 Pressure rise weirdness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a ravenheat boiler on friday...with hot warer running pressure stays fairly stable at 1bar, soon as the dhw is turned off the pressure shoots up. when u then turn the tap on the pressure drops. cant understand this..filling loop is not passing. think the expansion vessel is knackred cos pressure shoots up in CH mode...any ideas...thanks

Sponsored Links
could be the primaries to back to back HE partially blocked, what temp diff are you getting on them

i work for the council servicing normally so my breakdown knowledge isnt great and i was covering for a breakdown engineer, last job of the day so i didnt really get that in depth. was just gonna go back tommorow and book a real breakdown man to go. But for my own knowledge thought i'd better research it. so u think the heat exchanger is blocked?..i thought rsf100 is a coil HE not a plate. sorry im confused. is it a mission then, no point putting in for a expansion vessel?

oops shame on me I thought they had a sardine tin

Right I will get me cards tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Must be the knockered expansion vessel

i am too tired to think to day

May be it just need the exp vessel pumping up. See faq - Boiler Pressure Problems.

A few ideas to check out

filling loop is not passing.

Seeing as this crossed your mind, what about the possibilty that theres an internal leak in the heat exchanger

Check that the valves are open and there is an open route through the rads

DV sticky? I do remember one where the top DV connection was blocked solid.
Just found the pic >>

05112005002.jpg

turns out it was the heat exchanger leaking..nice one lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back