ravenheat woes part 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ever unreliable ravenheat combi is playing up again
DHW is fine and hot, the preassure vessel has recharged great and water preassure is constant but the CH is unreliable at regular interval (at least every other day, if not every day) when the thermostat calls for heat the boiler sits and does nothing. if i swith the stat down to below ambient, turn the boiler off (as in mains power) and wait 10 to 30 mins then power up, raise thermostat and bingo boiler fires.
Strange thing is that this can happen when the boiler is cold to the toch or warm
suggestions??

Sponsored Links
You sure the issue isn't with your 'stat?

A flaky capacitor inside the stat receiver would mean the boiler wasn't actually receiving the fire up signal. DHW wouldn't of course be affected.

But don't let me stop you dissing Ravenheat boilers.....

Its a wireless stat and the receiver has a led to show its receiving a signal to ignite, complete with an overide button. the led lights when the stat calls
ill diss ravenheat to the grave!!!!
one day when i have the money i will replace it, take the old boiler outside and make a youtube video of me getting my revenge with a sledgehammer
but thats another story

temp' disco' room stat / bridge it out & c if boiler fires up regular on time clock

??

what model of boiler do u have ?????

Sponsored Links
Thing is, Nicke, the receiver will be showing all signs of operating correctly - you'll get the green call for heat light etc. But it is not then sharing this info with the boiler.

Is it a BG or Drayton wireless stat system? If so, notorious for this type of problem. Either replace the entire receiver (£60?) or spend a fiver on e-bay for a new capacitor which you can solder in yourself.

Commiserations re the boiler. Looking forward to the vid!!

yep it's a drayton wireless stat
and if i short out the stat conections on the boiler it springs into life :)
ill google and see if i can find the fix you are talking about
thanks for your help

capacitor ordered
if its still flaky ill look at going the whole hog and getting nest or hive !!
I already have programable stats on the bedroom radiators
(all houses should have them!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back