Rayburn 499K - Summer mode no hot water frustration

B

Barn_Living

Having moved into a house with a Rayburn it's an ongoing battle. Latest is that I thought simply switching from "Heating/Hot Water" to "Hot Water" I would continue to have hot water (heated up at the previous central heating times). Not so much.
- I have a separate wireless Honeywell thermostat for the Central Heating only (I don't understand why not also for heating...)
- Hot water cylinder above all works fine if I dial up the CH thermostat to tropical levels
- Cooker never used (so slider off) - tried on which doesn't help the hot water situation (unless I'm too impatient) but it's not "pumping" any hot water anywhere
- Rayburn boiler dial set to mid way.

I've read plenty of the user literature (which does mention the heating/hot water switch may be "disabled") and subsequently tinkered around with a range of slider settings, but setting to hot water only without heating isn't working. It seems nothing is driving the demand for the hot water so I don't know how the previous owners managed for the last 20 years without using the immersion heater every summer. Seems a bit pointless to have a rayburn.

Many thanks for any guidance,

Sponsored Links
Best of luck getting spares they’ve gone up massively in the last year. Bob

I’m not really clued up on these, but do they have a motorised valve at all for hot Water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back