RCD 'C-Heating' tripping when turning heating on!!

no worries just got the same from b & q :D , will now try what I mentioned before about the pump wires and we'll see what happens..

Will report back within 15 mins

BW

Sponsored Links
right, update time,

I did as asked and connected the 3 wires (L/N/E) that go into the pump and placed them in the connector block, I ensured the switches for the boiler and the pump was on and then flicked the on switched...

The same happened as before, as soon as I switched the central heating on it tripped the 'central heating' mcb? in the rcd box.

Am I guessing do I now try the same with the 3 port valve? to ensure this isn't the cause?

Then again could it could the mcb to trip if the 3 port valve electrics failed?

BW

Hello people :D

I couldn't wait for a reply as whether to proceed for the same procedure with the 3 port valve, i did the same and guess what..........it worked :D

Thank you so very much for the original suggestion about the pump wires in the block connector, if that hadn't been suggested I would never have asked, and subsequently carried out what I did.

I'll get a replacement 3 port valve in course.

Thank you so very much again, I don't know what I would have done without you:cool:

Kind Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
The fault could still be something that the 3-port valve feeds and not just the valve itself.

Before you go changing the valve you need to check out the wiring.
What sort of valve is it. Honeywell V4044F1000 or something else??

Test the wiring by removing the valve's orange, grey and white wires from the wiring centre and then try
looping out where the orange and grey wires were. If that is OK then
loop out where the orange and white wires were.

That will simulate the valve contacts being in NC or NO positions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back