RE CODING NEW CONTROL MODULE FOR BOSCH DWASHER SRS46A02GB/13

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see below from a thread regarding Control Module from 2007.

Basically I have had a new control module fitted for my Bosch dishwasher SRS46A02GB/13 and they haven't programmed it correctly so now all the buttons do very odd things like the timer button no longer works. the quick wash takes 166mins etc...it obviously needs coding correctly but they havetaken the instructions away and can't come back for another 2 weeks so wondered if anyone here could help code a new Control Module for a Bosch 45cm Freestanding dishwasher Exxcel Auto Option.

I need it to have the following buttons programmed from left to right:

Timer
Auto 55-65
Eco 50
Quick 35
Pre Rinse

my control module has 6 buttons not 5 so there is one spare on the far right hand end but obviously once fascia is on you can't see this.
Thanks also to Unclebuck for the advice on control modue. I received the new module from Bosch today, then connected, and presto.

It also kept tripping the fuse however now i have turned off the immersion heater it seems to be a bit better however please advise if you think it may be related!

Basically I need to know which buttons to hold and press to activate the coding programmes.

THIS IS THE OLD THREAD WHICH IS SORT OF RELATED AND MIGHT EXPLAIN THINGS A BIT BETTER IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOVE!!

Just one question. Whilst the new module works, I found a sheet of instructions in the packaging, saying that the new replacement controllers must be re-coded with the appliance programmes. It gives instructions how to hold and press buttons to activate the coding programme etc. (FYI the module has the exact part no as the original)

To be honest I do not understand, as the machine appears to have recognised the module & the wash cycle sounds fine. Do I really need to re-code the machine ? I am affraid that it might even do more harm as the instructions are in unclear translation from German.

Back to top Alert Moderators

unclebuck001

United Kingdom
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:43 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is because this module will fit different models in its range not just your machine so you code it to suit your programs. if you do not code it, it will do no harm but you may have different programs in a different order.. sometimes the default setting is the correct one anyway, hope that make sense.

Sponsored Links
First thing to ask is why was the control module changed, if it had failed then why did it fail and was that fault rectified.

With each module you get a bad translation/photocopy of the set up instructions and you need to set them up as per this sheet as they are a generic module that is programed differently for different machines. (Cheaper than Indesit's set up and easier than alot of Electrolux's to program).

Is the trip a MCB/Fuse or is it an RCD (press to test button on it),
does it still trip with the immersion heater disconnected/off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back