Re-established air pocket on Megaflo and now no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would be grateful for any pointers.

I noticed water from the overflow today, so followed the handy advice on the Megaflo CL170 tank to the letter.

Next thing I know, we have no hot water! We have a Vaillant Ecotech plus 428.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I wonder why so many people just say "no hot water" rather than clarifying if its no water at all or just its cold!

Sponsored Links
I wonder why so many people just say "no hot water" rather than clarifying if its no water at all or just its cold!

haha that takes me back to being on call years ago when that was the call you got,, no ideaw hether i should go as a plumber or pass to the spark, in the end thought it always best to go to suss it out, and if it was cold water coming out the hot tap in an all electric house i phoned the spark and got paid for my call out

Thanks for your helpful pointers so far chaps.

To clarfiy 'no hot water' more clearly - I do not have any hot water.

Well, I lie. The Megaflo can heat the water, but I would prefer it if the system worked as before.

I probably should state that I have all the cold water I need (from both taps).

It's now a reasonable hour, I'll find a plumber if my father can't fix it!

To clarfiy 'no hot water' more clearly - I do not have any hot water.

Well I am glad that at least you know what you have got!

Any work on unvented cylinders should be done by someone with the special qualification for them!

Tony

I come back to see such helpful pointers.

Of course, with completely disregard for safety, I went for a total plumbing cowboy. Then I realised he didn't seem to understand that having 'no hot water' did not mean the same as having 'no cold water', or having 'no water at all', or whatever else pops into mind associated with water.

My mistake. Lesson learnt. And now have hot water! Let me clarify, I have cold water too, so don't fret. And I can mix them to make lukewarm water. Priceless!

I thought it was some kind of feminine fuzzy logic - but I asked my wife to have a look - and she clarified things and confirmed that I was correct in have no phecking clue as to what is going on here.

But at least we know that the OP understands how to make something that is hot, a little cooler.

We can all go to bed knowing that the world is a slightly better place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back