re-rad not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I,ve got 13 rads, and a new Veissman boiler, however, 1 rad, which is the last one on the circs, in the lounge,( 2 others in lounge) only gets warm, whilst the others are hot.The system was flushed , 2 years ago, when boiler installed, I,ve taken thermostat off rad, the inlet pipe is hot to the valve, but not the rad, or, where the valve goes in the rad. Been like this for years.Bled it, even temp all over, just won,t get as hot as othersI,ve tried turning all rads off, leaving this one on, it does get hot then, but when all rads are on, it,s only warm??. Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Why are using , as opposed to a ' ? Do a search on balancing via search tool.

Gas2Air";p="3015880 said:
Why are using , as opposed to a ' ? Do a search on balancing via search tool.[/quote.
Why are using ??? oops
(I've )tried balancing, no good, this rad is fully open, whilst the others are turned down,gradually , from the boiler towards the last one, this being the one at fault.

If you've tried all rads off, except the problem one, no airlock, flow good in and out, piped correctly and sized correctly, then I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
If you've tried all rads off, except the problem one, no airlock, flow good in and out, piped correctly and sized correctly, then I have no idea.
Thank you, that makes two of us.At least I know where to use ' now.

What diameter pipework is it on?

How big is the radiator?

How far from the pump is it?

What pump is it?

What diameter pipework is it on?

How big is the radiator?

How far from the pump is it?

What pump is it?
Hi pablo. I'ts a 4 foot by 16 inch rad .I have a similar double and 6 feet by 16 inch all in the lounge about 40 feet away from boiler.(in the garage).
The circs are standard, 3/4 inch, to 1/2 inch to rads.mixture of imperial and metric.circs.
The boiler is a Veissman condenser 30Kw, three years old
I have just rebalanced, and it's a bit better, but the rad is only half the temp of all the others. I am thinking of changing it,and putting another double,it's in the bay window, it,s of the older type, but not ancient.The 6 foot one is the same make and age?. wonder if there's a blockage, but, the system was power flushed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back