Re-roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building is an L shape, one single pitch on one leg and two pitches on the other L with a small hip section. 2/3rds is accommodation and the rest is two outbuildings.
Felt is coming down in four to five places, I have repaired four other areas with breathable felt. No leaks.
The roof was built in 1981-2.
How long do I wait before refelting.
The tiles are clay Double Roman.
I am contemplating doing the work myself as it is single storey and a large area so expensive. I should be able to re use the tiles, but may require 100 or so replacements.

Sponsored Links
Why is the roofing felt "coming down"? :confused:

The worst that should be happening is a wee bit of membrane rot at the eaves. The roof tiles are what keep the water out in any case.

There's no need to replace the felt unless the tiles are leaking? The felt is a back up in case of a broken tile and to keep the inside dry during re-roofing. Millions of houses do not have any felt.

Replace the felt when you need to re-roof.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back