re-set batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it true that you can re-set a knackered nicad cordless battery ???? if so how do you do it ???
as it is i have 2x 18v 2.6ah and 2x 14v 2.6ah makita batteries destined for the skip and a kidney ready to be removed to pay for the replacements !! :LOL:

any ideas would be great guys !!!!! [/b]

Sponsored Links
many zapping videos on u tube
i would suggest you can extend the life off some batteries
but would suggest on average you are taking a battery near the end off its life with low voltage and ah capacity left and giving it a bit more time but not much

just look up something like "reviving a battery" :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you can open them up first to check that none of the cells have started to leak.

The last one I did, which was a B&D 12v nicad. It was around 5volts so the charger refused to charge it. Gave it a very quick zap a few times with my 12v power supply until the voltage was high enough for the charger to charge it.

thanks for the heads up guys will give it a go. there all 2x18v makita 2.6ah or 2x18v dewalt 2.0ah and2x 14v makita 2.0ah? ill keep you posted as to any progress!!!

my prediction
one will surprise you and gain around 60% capacity for a year or so 2 will be completely useless
the other 3 will look hopeful but fail quite quickly :D
keep us posted please:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back