Re-using parquet flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got parquet flooring in my house (pine, I think), and I might want to have some lifted and used elsewhere to fill in some gaps. The previous owners took down a wall and a chimney breast downstairs, then carpeted. The carpet is going to come up, and I know that where the wall and CB were there will not be any flooring, so my idea is, if the rest of the floor is OK, to take up what's in the hall and use it to fill in the bare patches in the living/dining room.

It's a concrete sub-floor, parquet blocks held down with bitumen.

Is the idea feasible, or a complete non-starter?

Sponsored Links
As long as you remove as much bitumen from the blocks as possible you'll be all right (do take care when lifting blocks where they are now, if they have T&G's they could "dislodge" more surrounding ones).

Thanks.

The whole hallway is going to be taken up, so I'll only have to worry about lifting adjacent ones at the doorway to the living room, and the herringbone pattern doesn't carry on over the threshold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back