recommendations for shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I'm looking for recommendations for a shower pump - at the moment i have a vented system, and the amount of water coming out of the shower on the first floor is a dribble. Seems ok in the sink.

the HWT is more or less in line (horizontally) with the bath, with the CWT in the loft.
HWT tank is on the other side of a tiled bit of ply to the shower - so the plumbing for the shower comes into the same space as the hwt.

In hopeful less then a year, i will be looking to replace the whole heating system with a unvented, sealed system at which point pressure/flow should be good (will be replacing mains pipe too).

So i'm looking for a cheap and cheerful pump to do be between now at the new heating system going in...

Any recommendations? (shower has 22mm pipework i think)

Sponsored Links
First of all make sure you have a decent shower house some are about 6mm internal bore. Amazon do some goods ones for gravity systems. Also some shower heads are very restrictive. Next if you have a thermostatic shower then has someone put the pressure reducers in where they shouldnt have if on Gravity? Lastly For a quick fix I can recommend the shower power booster valves as per dragons den. Very easy to fit and have seen very good improvements and they are nice and quiet.

scooydo, thank you! i got the shower power booster, fit it in a not so recommended way - its plumbed in after the mixer output, but increases water flow enough to actually have water flowing out of the shower head!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back