Recommended weed killer for block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spent a lot of time last year going over my 60m² of block paving (installed by the previous owner :mad:) with one of those wire brush things on a pole. Following that I re-sanded and it looked passable.

Of course, the weeds and moss are back this year already and I'm not willing to loose those hours of my life again with the wire brush :)

I was thinking about getting a backpack weed sprayers but I'm unsure as to what to fill it with?

Presumably I need some sort of weed killer that I can dilute into it?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pathclear.

It leaves a film on the surface that lasts for months and prevents seeds germinating.

So don't rake or hoe afterwards as you break the film.

If you have a lot of weeds, use glyphosate first to kill them, and pull them up, then Pathclear as soon as the next seedlings appear.

Thanks for that.

I guess if I'm planning to pressure wash I should do that 1st and then weed spray?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
I have a very large area to keep clear and what I use is Rosate 360 Glyphosate. I bought 5L via ebay, it has to be diluted down a lot, so my 5L will last a very long time. I fill a pump up 15L container, which has a shoulder strap, with the dilute which is just enough to last me much of the summer. It needs to be sprayed on a dry day, directly on the weeds, so the leaves take in into the roots. 7 to 14 days later they will be brown, crisp and dead. You have to be very careful not to allow it to drip on wanted plants and lawn grass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back