Reconfiguring kitchen units to allow dishwasher installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to reconfigure my existing kitchen to allow installation of a slimline dishwasher.

The dishwasher will be located next to the washing machine which in turn is next to the sink.

Currently in this postion is a double base unit which goes into the corner and at right angles to this is a single base unit.

My plan is to take the single base unit out, swap for the double base unit so it can go into the corner (at right angles to its current position), leaving room for the dishwasher. Not sure if that makes sense, but in terms of layout I think it does!

My question is, will I be able to move the positions of the base units without damaging the worktop which has a joint in this corner? The worktop is made of laminate and the joint is mitred. I really don't want to have to move the wortop for fear of damaging the joints.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Do the unit sides go down to floor level or do the units stand on adjustable legs? If on legs you could prop the worksurface with a few bits of 4x2 or similar and then lower the unit and remove.

If the join is biscuited or bolted as it should be, then you'll probably be OK.

Get your head in and have a good look for screws that go up through the carcass into the worktop, same again with any screws that may go into adjacent cabinets, a good fitter will hide these behind the door hinges :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back